Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wallpaper & Install Weekend

Last Friday, I installed a 16' segment of Re:place for the SCC Faculty Show 2010 in the Fine Arts Building on campus. Re:place is a rehanging of the wallpaper and valance I removed when I moved into my St. Louis home (here's shots from my McHenry County College install).
Today, after I ate half my weight in blueberry pancakes at Oregon Trail Roasting Co., I began a small birdseed drawing as part of Art after Ours, a group show of Pulitzer F of A employees at Governor French Academy Gallery. The Belleville, IL space has some gorgeous wallpaper (especially in the gentleman's restroom) and wooden paneling, tin ceiling tiles, ceiling medallions and chandeliers with large store-front windows. The floor is an odd plank formation which makes seed drawing more difficult that anything I've worked on before. I ended up leaving in early afternoon to digest the space a bit more before I head back to install on Tuesday and possibly Thursday to expand it out to nine feet. The opening for Art After Ours is this coming Friday evening, opening hours still TBA.

I'll have to post some images of the gentleman's restroom wallpaper pattern and more of the Main Street. I also plan to stop by Schmidt Art Center while in the area on Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday.

No comments: